Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Visit Alamos Mexico  |  Community  |  Tech Stuff... (Moderator: searanch)  |  Topic: Advertising on site
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertising on site  (Read 1001 times)
tom allen
Member less than 50 posts

« on: March 05, 2015, 08:05:15 AM »

I do not know why but I keep getting these ads on this site.  Since I use Google I clicked F5, went to settings. clicked on extensions and found an ad server which I deleted which stopped these ads.  I am not sure if this is malware in my computer, or whether going to Visit Alamos triggers the extension.  If you do not use Google you can also delete these extensions if you figure out how to do it.
sarahmonday
Member less than 100 posts

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 06:49:34 AM »

I've never seen ads on this site with my tablet(google) or laptop (8.1).
Gary Newell
Gavilán de la Sierra

One Tequila~Two Tequila~Three Tequila~FLOOR

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 03:10:52 PM »

If you followed security experts' advice and manually updated Java this week to fix a critical vulnerability, you might have gotten more than you asked for. Oracle probably makes tens of millions of dollars a year from crapware, and big venture capitalists see it as a growth business.

I get no ads on this site. Not on my Mac, PC, iPhone or iPad.
tom allen

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 04:41:08 PM »

I think the problem is that I was getting the ads on my laptop which runs the outdated windows XP which is more vunerable.  I am not getting ads with my tablet or smartphone.  Sooner or later I have to ditch my laptop since I cannot update windows xp on it.
Haydee
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 09:37:30 AM »

Good morning! I've been getting a lot of add pop-ups on my computer lately- most of them are from buyandbrowse- a virus from hackers that inundate computers with adds. We have McAFee anti-virus installed last year and renewed this year and just updated Windows with an antivirus software from Microsoft, to no avail. Pop-ups keep freezing all the sites I want to use, except those in Mexico.

Anyone knows of a good computer person here? I don't trust the companies in Navojoa...

Thank you
tom allen

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 11:17:35 AM »

I stopped using my windows xp, very insecure since no support.  Bought a Dell all in one computer with win 8.1 and no problems at all.  For you users that want portability but not all the gear of a standard desk top larger than small screen tablets, you need to check out these all in one computers they are amazing.
Haydee
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 11:21:46 AM »

I just uploaded Malwarebytes - and all of the adds are gone!!!- Thank You, Thank you!!
Admin
Administrator
Member less than 500 posts

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 11:28:23 AM »

This forum/site does not have ads, popups and/or viruses.  If ya see 'em ya brought them with you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: