Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Visit Alamos Mexico  |  Community  |  Tech Stuff... (Moderator: searanch)  |  Topic: Internet speed
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Internet speed  (Read 597 times)
Kelley Hale
Global Moderator
Member less than 50 posts

« on: February 12, 2014, 07:12:02 PM »

Many of us have been experiencing internet speeds so low that it is near impossible to watch any video content with any continuity.

Prodigy Infinitum is the internet arm for TelMex and has a minimum speed that users are to have depending on which service you are subscribed. My service and many other's called "Todo Mexico" are gauranteed 10 Mbps minimum, the standard service gaurantees 5 Mbps. Over the last several days I have tested average internet speed of .66 Mbps - not even 1 Mbps!

I called Prodigy Infinitum and was immediately connected to technical support and a very polite tech who took all the information about speed, modem model no. and serial no., and telephone numbers. He said we would receive a reply within 1-3 business days and gave a report number. I added that many in Alamos were having similar experience with slow internet speeds.

If you are experiencing the same, I encourage you to call, and maybe Alamos will get a new server or whatever it is that we need. 01-800-123-2222  option #1 for technical support. If you ask for English language help they will always get it for you.

Kelley
Admin
Administrator
Member less than 500 posts

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 08:00:25 PM »

Try this link to test your service providers current upload and download speed in real time:

http://www.speedtest.net/
robyn t

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 10:17:51 AM »

Thank you for this valuable info. The internet is pitifully slow for most of Alamos, or so it seems. Have you gotten any feedback since you spoke to telmex? Just wondering if it is worth calling them. I suppose it would be good for them to hear from a lot of people. Lets get it fixed!! Robyn Angry
Kelley Hale
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 07:12:42 PM »

I have heard nothing back from the TelMex promised 1-3 business days for a reply. I think more of us, many of us, need to call to report the extremely slow internet speeds. Let's try to get their attention.
they are very accessible and polite on the phone, then nothing.

Kelley
tvp

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 05:45:00 AM »

This chart is very interesting regarding Mexican Internet costs

* CpZTaRS.png (65.73 KB, 500x540 - viewed 133 times.)
teri

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 06:33:15 AM »

we have called and were promised a response.   everyone needs to call.  teri
Kelley Hale
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 11:52:30 AM »

fri am - called Prodigy Infinitum again (with internet speeds of less than 1 mbps), explained that the problem was not my computer or modem, but was community-wide. They politely gave me another report # and said they would reply "quickly".

Now is the time for everyone to call        01-800-123-2222,  option 1 tech support, they will provide help in English if you ask for it.

Kelley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: