Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Visit Alamos Mexico  |  Community  |  U.S. Consulate and Mexican Immigration information (Moderator: searanch)  |  Topic: Our recent INM Guaymas Office visit went well.....
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our recent INM Guaymas Office visit went well.....  (Read 505 times)
emily preece
Member less than 50 posts

« on: January 16, 2014, 04:27:36 PM »

Bill and I just returned from our annual visit to the INM office in Guaymas to renew our Visa Temporal.   THe documents we presented were the same:  Photographs, Copy of passport, copy of visa, copy of household utility bill, three months of Banorte statements AND three months of our US account OFFICIALLY TRANSLATED INTO SPANISH,  the form letter requesting renewal (this time for THREE years), and the SEGOB/INM form that we had filled out on the computer and printed out.   
Ana Victoria was most pleased with the preparation of our "packets" and within a minute or two had our invoices prepared for us to hand-carry across the street to the bank to pay ($6140pesos, each) for our three year renewal.   We were back in the INM office with our receipts in minutes and sent on our way with the official "comprobante" with which we can check for our return date for signing and fingerprints.   Ana mentioned that things are taking a little less time now -- I would imagine since many have been "rolled-over" to the three-year visa Temporal or (even better yet) Visa Permenante.   There was one fellow in there today who has his Permenente, who was asking about how long it was good for...  (nothing lasts forever, he says....) -- the people at the desk said something about 10-years......   So, I guess maybe the "Permenante" isn't so permanent, afterall......    Something for you permanante holders to look into, I guess.......   

Anyway, wanted to report on our "un-eventful" day, and hope our next two return trips are as trouble-free......   

Thanks for allowing me to ramble on....
Call if you have any questions!
Emily Preece
Francoise Evans

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 04:36:06 PM »

Opening hours at INM Guaymas are now 9:00AM to 1:00PM Monday thru Friday
Brad

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 02:49:47 PM »

I have been a Permanent Resident (FM2) in Mexico for many years living in Mexico City and my understanding is that the 10 year period refers to the fact that you cannot be physically absent from the country for more than 5 years total during any ten year period.   You can come and go as you wish, but if you are out of the country over five years (50%) of the time over a ten year period, your Permanent Resident permit will be revoked.  Otherwise, it is for life if the holder fulfills all of the other legal terms related to it.  Remember that the holder has to have his entry and exit form stamped and entered into the system by personnel of the INM each time he/she enters or exits the country at the border crossing.  I hope this is useful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: